- Elementary Schools
Take part in the City of Bismarck Strategic Plan “Call for Projects”
Dear Community Stakeholders,
You're invited to take part in the Bismarck Strategic Plan Call for Projects and to help shape Bismarck's future!
This is a new concept that provides an exciting opportunity for community members to get involved and engaged! The “Call for Projects” encourages members of the community to submit projects intended to support the goals and objectives identified in the City of Bismarck Strategic Plan. This a new approach to facilitate community conversations, ideas and concepts and to encourage participation among community partners, stakeholders and the community at large.
For this purpose, the City of Bismarck defines a “project” as an effort intended to achieve a stated goal that aligns with the identified strategic focus areas that the city will be focusing on over the next three to five years.
- Identify creative partnerships to foster the development of signature spaces;
- Ensure that Bismarck is a place where people of all ages and social segments can thrive;
- Provide an opportunity to work with community partners to generate meaningful momentum addressing issues surrounding homelessness, mental health and substance abuse;
- Enable the City of Bismarck to proactively lead in identifying and embracing emerging business trends that will help Bismarck to develop continued economic opportunity; and
- Strengthen Bismarck’s sense of community pride, economic opportunities and cultivation of a healthy and sustainable environment for future generations through the development of effective and efficient connectivity in transportation systems, communications methods, neighborhoods and businesses.
Projects submitted must align with the identified strategic focus areas and are intended to benefit the community. Ideas and concepts for projects must be able to be implemented in a short time span and/or constructed by 2022. Each project proposal submitted will be evaluated by the City of Bismarck’s Strategic Plan Project Team based on how well it meets the evaluation criteria. Only project proposals that meet the evaluation criteria will be considered.
Project proposal submissions are due no later than Friday, May 31, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. CDT.
Questions regarding the call for projects may be submitted to Jason Tomanek via email.
Bismarck Launches Strategic Plan ‘Call for Projects’ News Release: https://www.bismarcknd.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=6148
Please help us get the word out by sharing this information with your staff, colleagues, friends, social media networks, newsletters, websites and communication channels!
Here’s an opportunity for you to leave a lasting impact on the Capital City of North Dakota. Submit a project today!
Thanks in advance for your support and participation.