DISCOVERY DEN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Empowering ALL Students to be Enthusiastic Readers, Fearless Innovators, Critical Thinkers, Skillful Researchers and Responsible Users of Information.
- Mon. - Thurs. 7:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Fri. (or last day of short weeks) 7:45 a.m. – 3:25 p.m.
- Students WILL Sign In and Out at Circ Desk (when not accompanied by teacher).
- Students WILL stay On Task.
- Students WILL Wait Patiently.
- Students WILL be Respectful.
- Students MAY bring Water (in clear bottles) to the Den.
- Students WILL keep Cell Phones turned off and in lockers.
Students who choose NOT to follow Behavior Expectations may lose Discovery Den privileges.
- Regular Collection - 2 weeks with a renewal option.
- Please ask before printing, scanning, or making copies.
LOGGING INTO SERVER - GOOGLEDOCS - NOODLETOOLS - DESTINY
- Username = first initial of first name and full last name (Bob Smith = bsmith).
- Password = a strong password contains at least 8 characters, with at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter and symbols or numbers.
- DESTINY: Students will use their lunch number as their password.
- Overdue Notices are emailed to home base teachers every Tuesday.
- Students with overdue books or fines should NOT check out additional materials until issues are resolved.
- Students should stamp due dates on bookmarks provided at self-checkout stations.
- It is the STUDENT’S responsibility (NOT the teacher’s) to return/renew books on time.
- Fines WILL be assessed for damaged materials.
- Replacement costs will be assessed for lost materials.
- Money paid for lost materials may be returned if the item is returned (in good condition) before a new copy has been purchased.
Thanks for making our Discovery Den safe, productive and inviting for all!