DISCOVERY DEN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Empowering ALL Students to be Enthusiastic Readers, Fearless Innovators, Critical Thinkers, Skillful Researchers and Responsible Users of Information.
- Mon. Tues. Thurs. 8:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Wed. 8:10 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Fri. (or last day of short weeks) 8:00 a.m. – 3:25 p.m.
- Students WILL Check-In at the circulation desk (when coming in on their own from home base or from class).
- Students WILL stay On Task (when working independently).
- Students WILL Wait Patiently (when needing assistance).
- Students WILL show Respect for each other and for Den resources.
- Students MAY bring Water in clear bottles to the Den, but not other beverages or food.
Students who choose NOT to follow Behavior Expectations may lose Discovery Den privileges.
- Regular Collection - 2 weeks with a renewal option.
COMPUTERS, LASER PRINTER/SCANNER
- Please ask before printing, scanning, or making copies.
LOGGING IN TO PLACE HOLDS - SERVER - GOOGLEDOCS - NOODLETOOLS
- Username = first initial of first name and full last name (Bob Smith = bsmith).
- Password = a strong password contains at least 8 characters, with at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter and symbols or numbers. (Students will use their lunch number as their password to check out books.)
- Overdue Notices are emailed to home base teachers every Tuesday.
- Students with overdue books or fines will be unable to check out additional materials until issues are resolved. All books are stamped in the back inside covers with due dates.
- It is the STUDENT’S responsibility (NOT the teacher’s) to return/renew books on time.
- Fines WILL be assessed for damaged materials.
- Replacement costs will be assessed for lost materials.
- Money paid for lost materials may be returned if the item is returned (in good condition) before a new copy has been purchased.
Thanks for making our Discovery Den safe, productive and inviting for all!