Incoming 6th Grade Summer Academic Program
The Summer Academic Program is a free four-week middle school summer program that focuses on topics such as reading, English, math, social studies, and science. This program will use a hands-on, project-based approach to actively involve students. Classes will be in session, Monday through Thursday from 8 am – 12 pm starting June 3 through June 26 at Wachter Middle School. Children who will be entering grade 6 in the fall and whose parents live in the Wachter Middle School attendance area are eligible to attend this summer program. The goal is that children who enroll in this summer program will maintain or improve their academic skills in the core academic areas.
* You must register your child for the whole four-week session. However, if your family has special circumstances, you can visit with your building principal.
* The REGISTRATION DEADLINE is February 29, 2024. Please fill out one registration form per child that will be attending and return it to the Wachter Middle School office.
* A Parent or Legal Guardian signature is required on the registration form.
* Due to limited funding, there is no supervision for your child before 8:00 am or after 12:00 pm.
* Busing service is not provided for the summer program.
* The year is incorrect on a section of the registration form that was handed out to students. June 3-26, 2024.
It is important for planning purposes that every effort is made to register your child by the February 29th deadline. If you need to withdraw your child at a later date, please notify Wachter Middle School so that a child on the waiting list can be placed. Please call the Wachter Middle School office if you have any questions.