2020 football start information
The parent meeting for 7th and 8th grade football scheduled for Thursday, August 20 has been cancelled. A video will be posted here shortly covering information about the first practice, gear handout, etc. There is currently a video posted on the Horizon athletics homepage covering general information pertaining to online registration, fees, and physicals.
Game and practice information:
Below is a list of guidelines for the 2020 middle school football season. It is random order:
- Players are allowed to come to practice on their non-school day but they cannot arrive before 4:00. This has been communicated to the coaches and will be explained in more detail to the kids during the first week of practice.
- The water trough is not allowed so kids must bring their own water.
- We will stagger dressing times so as to avaoid a mass of kids in the locker room at the same time.
- Lockers will be assigned but kids must wear a clean practice jersey each day. The only items that should be left in the locker are helmet and pads.
- While fans are allowed at games we are really encouraging social distancing and masks when social distancing is not possible. We realize that standing behind the end zone is not the best seat but if it helps with social distancing then it may be necessary to spread people out a bit.
- We want kids to leave Horizon immediately after their practice or game.
- Kids will not be allowed in the gym to watch any activity taking place including volleyball matches. BPS is limiting the number of spectators at indoor events.
- If an athlete does not feel well please KEEP THEM HOME. We will not be taking daily temperatures but there is a certain amount of individual responsibility expected.
- BPS is doing the best we can to have sports this fall so we ask that all parents, athletes, and fans cooperate.
- BPS will update any new information as it becomes available.
First week of practice information:
Below is a schedule for the first week of practice:
Monday, August 24:
8th grade gear handout: Athletes with the last name A - L at 4:00, M - Z at 5:00 - report to the shed just off the track
7th grade concussion baseline testing (required of ALL 7th graders) last name A - L at 4:00, M - Z at 5:00 - report to the library, mask required
Tuesday, August 25:
8th grade: remaining gear handout and concussion baseline testing (required of new players and players that did not get tested last year) A - L at 4:00, M - Z at 5:00 - mask required indoors
7th grade: gear handout: A - L at 4:00, M - Z at 5:00 - report to the shed just off the track
Wednesday, August 26 - Friday, August 28:
8th grade: practice - TBD - coaches will let players know what time they should report for practice.
7th grade: practice - 4:00 - 5:00
The practice and game scheduled for the remainder of the season is TBD.
ALL 7TH GRADERS MUST HAVE A CURRENT PHYSICAL AND ALL 8TH GRADERS MUST HAVE A FORM B ON FILE BEFORE THEY WILL BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE. IF AN 8TH GRADER DID NOT HAVE A PHYSICAL LAST YEAR THEY WILL NEED TO HAVE A CURRENT PHYSICAL ON FILE BEFORE THEY WILL BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE.
Coach email addresses can be found here