WELCOME TO YOUR FINAL YEAR AT LEGACY!
Throughout this year, you will get to experience the first of many "lasts" in your high-school career, which may include, but not limited to:
- Senior Meeting - One on one meeting with your counselor the summer after your junior year to discuss classes, credits, future plans/thoughts for the upcoming final year of high school. (Parents/Guardians are encouraged to attend.)
- Senior Pictures (we recommend booking these the summer or fall after your junior year)
- College visits
- Applying for college
- Applying for scholarships
- Job Shadowing/Career Forums/Internship opportunities
- Junior Rotarian opportunities
- Senior Prom
- Senior Banquet
The Bank of North Dakota has created presentations available statewide specific to paying for college & the FASFA itself. This has been developed in place of the in-person Financial Aid nights that have been hosted at the Career Academy the past couple of years. Here is the link to BND’s new platform called Career Compass. The presentations can be found by clicking Career Discovery, then Watch Presentations. https://www.careercompass.nd.gov/ If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
* The 2019 North Dakota Legislative Assembly passed House Bill 1171, creating a skilled workforce scholarship and student loan repayment program aimed at attracting people into high need and emerging occupations in the state. The result is the ND Career Builders Scholarship & Loan Repayment program. The North Dakota University System (NDUS) and institutions across the state, along with agency partners including the ND Workforce Development Council, ND Commerce Department, the Bank of North Dakota, and Job Service of North Dakota are promoting this opportunity for students, employees, and businesses. The program targets the workforce needs of North Dakota with the goal of recruiting and retaining talent in skilled workforce jobs.