The ACT test will be on March 12, 2019.
Test is from 8:10am-12:30pm. Test starts at exactly 8:10am so students should be here by 7:30am or 7:45am in order to find assigned room and be checked in and in seat by 8:10am. If late, the student is not allowed into the room.
What to Bring?
Bring: #2 pencils
ACT approved calculator – list found online at ACT.org
DO NOT wear a smart watch
If you bring a phone it will have to be shut off during the test. Not silenced, powered down. And the room proctor will collect it/have a table for them to set it on.
Please see student services with any additional questions.
In your junior year of high school, you will have the opportunity to engage in new experiences that you haven't been able to up to this point in your high school career. These may include:
- Attending College and Career Fairs
- Job Shadowing/Career Forums/Internship opportunities
- Multiple hands-on preparation opportunities for the ACT test
- Scholarships and College discussions
- College visits
- Junior Prom
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 North Dakota Governor’s Schools! Current sophomores or juniors who would benefit from a 6 week scholastically motivated summer residential program are encouraged to apply.
Applications are due by January 15th, 2019. If any students, parents, faculty, or staff have questions about the Governor’s Schools, please have them contact me either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (701-231-6727). Thank you for your help and for your support!
Juniors have the largest amount of Standardized Testing in comparison to freshmen, sophomores, or seniors:
- Optional test for juniors who wish to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship program. Administered in the fall.
- Optional college entrance exam test
- Optional test for juniors interested in a career in the military. Administered in the fall and/or spring.
North Dakota State Assessment (NDSA)
- Science testing taken in the fall
ACT with Writing
- Preferred college entrance exam for the Midwest United States
- Taken at LHS in the spring at no cost to student
Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC)
- Math, Reading, and Language Usage testing in the spring