First Day of School
The first day of school will be Thursday, August 24th.
Following is the schedule that will be used only for the first day of school:
Students in the building: 6th graders at 8:05 am and 7th & 8th graders at 8:25 am
Report to homebase: 6th graders at 8:15 am and 7th & 8th graders at 8:30 am
End of day: 6th graders at 3:15 pm and 7th & 8th graders at 3:20 pm
Wachter Open House
WMS Open House
Monday, August 21 - 2:00-3:30 pm
Wachter 6th Grade Parent/Student Meeting
Monday, August 14
6th Grade Students - Last Name M-Z & New 7th & 8th Grade Parents/Students
8-9 am - Parent/Student Meeting & 6th Grade Sports Information
9-10 am - Pick up planners, schedules, deposit money into lunch accounts, counselors available, etc.
6th Grade Students - Last Name A-L
1-2 pm - Parent/Students Meeting & 6th Grade Sports Information - Cafetorium
2-3 pm - Pick up planners, schedules, deposit money into lunch accounts, counselors available, etc.
2017 Wachter Middle School Fall Sport Start Information
2017 Wachter Middle School Fall Sport Start Information
6th Grade Parent Meeting/Orientation: Monday, August 14 Last name M-Z (8:00 am) and A-L (1:00 pm) in the WMS Cafetorium.
7th & 8th Grade Parent Meeting: Thursday, August 17 at 7:00 PM in the Cafetorium
***PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD’S PHYSICAL COMPLETED BEFORE PRACTICE BEGINS. BPS POLICY DICTATES THAT AN ATHLETE MAY NOT PARTICPATE/PRACTICE UNTIL THEY HAVE A PHYSICAL ON FILE VIA WMS RSCHOOL ONLINE REGISTRTION***
7th & 8th Grade FOOTBALL: 8th grade gear handout is on August 17th at 5 pm. 7th grade gear handout is on August 17th at 6 pm. Parent meeting will follow gear handout at 7 pm in the cafetorium. The concussion Impact test will be administered at 7:30 pm following the Parent Meeting for all 7th graders and all new 8th graders to football. First practice is August 21st at 4 pm.
7th & 8th Grade VOLLEYBALL: Practice begins on Monday, August 21st at 4 pm. Parent meeting is on August 17th at 7 pm in the cafetorium.
7th & 8th Grade BOYS SOCCER: Practice begins on Monday, August 21st at 4:30 pm. Parent meeting is on August 17th at 7 pm in the cafetorium.
6th Grade BOYS SOCCER: Practice begins August 22nd at 4:15 pm. Parent meeting/orientation Monday, August 14th Last name M-Z (8 am) and A-L (1 pm) in the WMS Cafetorium.
6th, 7th & 8th Grade CROSS COUNTRY: Practice begins on Monday, August 14th at 9 am in the South gym. 7th & 8th parent meeting is on August 17th at 7 pm in the cafetorium. 6th grade parent meeting/orientation Monday, August 14 Last name M-Z (8 am) and A-L (1 pm) in the WMS Cafetorium.
7th & 8th Grade BOYS GOLF: Practice begins on Monday, August 21st at 4 pm at Riverwood Golf Course. Parent meeting is on August 17th at 7 pm in the cafetorium.
CHEERLEADING: Fall cheerleading will be offered for 7th & 8th grade girls interested in cheering for football. Practice begins on Monday, August 21st at 4 pm. 6th grade girls will have the opportunity to cheer during the 7th & 8th grade girls’ basketball season. 7th & 8th parent meeting is on August 17th at 7 pm in the cafetorium. 6th grade parent meeting Monday, August 14th Last name M-Z (8 am) and A-L (1 pm) in the WMS Cafetorium.
6th Grade GIRLS BASKETBALL: 6th grade girls basketball will start Monday, August 28th at 7 pm. Participant information and practice schedules will be available at that time. Parent meeting will be at the 6th grade orientation Monday, August 14th Last name M-Z (8 am) and A-L (1 pm) in the WMS Cafetorium.
All athletes must be registered on rSchool before they will be allowed to participate. A physical must be uploaded to rSchool before an athlete will be allowed to participate (except 6th grade activities).
Sports fees must be paid before an athlete is allowed to participate. We encourage parents to pay fees online using MyPaymentsPlus.
All forms to be signed are available via the rSchool registration. Parents are STRONGLY encouraged to register via rSchool. That is the only place to sign the required documents. There are no paper copies available.
Tips for Using Website
1. We are excited to launch our new website under the same address: www.bismarckschools.org. Check out the district home page by hovering over or clicking each link or icon to see what’s there before school starts on Aug. 24. You will find your school and others under the bright red “Our Schools” tab on the top left. *NOTE: elementary and middle school calendars are not functioning yet. Secretaries will be trained in early August. Until then, you can find important school dates under Announcements.
2. Registration can be found to the left of School Board & Policies. This would be for incoming kindergarteners, new students to the district, boundary maps, and other materials.
3. BPS is now using rSchools calendars so everything is all in one place for parents. If you are a middle or high school parent, you may be familiar with these searchable calendars from our Activities pages. Now all calendars, including non-athletic events, for example, will be on an rSchool calendar, which will let you filter by your child(ren’s) activities, etc. We will post a tutorial video so you can learn how to use this handy feature! Elementary rSchool calendars will be ready closer to the start of school in late August.
4. Parents and students can now email teachers and key school staff using the Staff Directory on the top right of the district or school home pages. You do NOT need to fill in ALL of the information fields! You can sort by building, job role, title, or first or last name to find the person you need. During the 2017-18 school year, we will be adding those emails to school pages under Academics on the left. You can also see whether a teacher has a classroom Facebook page, for example.
5. Our new website has several icons that appear on the district page and the school pages. They are also easy to find on your cell phone. If you go to the Bus icon on the top right (on our home page, any school page or on your cell phone or tablet) you can see requested information, such as “Bus Delays or Changes” and “Bus Registration” info. Lunch Menus are also located near the Bus icon for easy access! There’s also a Jobs icon if you are looking for Employment Opportunities in Bismarck Public Schools.
6. Our new website has sections called Quick Links because of input we received from parents, staff, students and community members. Check out what’s posted there, such as the Elementary Facility Committee proposals & documents. If you have other ideas, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You may not see PTO/PAC info or school newsletters posted on your school website until after school begins, but they will be there eventually!
8. If you bookmarked or had a shortcut to our website, you will need to delete or re-do those to www.bismarckschools.org.
9. The Sign In feature on the top right is only for designated staff managing our web pages.
10. If you have questions or comments about our new website, use the New Webpage Feedback Form under District Announcements. You may want to save this email until you become more familiar with our new website.
New Website Feedback Form!
We welcome any feedback on our new website. If you have any suggestions, please complete our Feedback Form.
School Supply Lists
School supply lists are located in Resources on any elementary and middle school web page located under Our Schools!
Summer Food Program ends July 28Free lunches will be served this summer for ALL kids ages 18 and under at 5 locations regardless of which school they attend. A hot or cold meal will be served Monday through Friday, June 5-July 28, but not on July 3 and 4. Here are the times & locations of the BPS Summer Feeding Program:Wachter Middle School
Off 7th St. and Expressway Ave. at 1107 S. 7th St.
Sons of Norway Park
East of Jeannette Myhre School on Expressway Ave.
Moses School Playground
11:45 am-1 pm
Off 3rd St. east of the Wave Pool at 1312 Columbia Dr.
Will-Moore School Playground
11:45 am-1 pm
Off 4th St. and Ave. E.
11:45 am-1 pm
Park is at Boulevard Ave. & 16th St. Lunch served at the shelter next to the playground SW of Hillside Pool.
July 5 - Aug. 10 Clothing Drive/Giveaway
Clothes for Bros. (and girls too) Clothing Drive
July 5 - Aug. 8
Clean out your closet this summer! Youthworks is collecting teen girls and boys clothing for their annual clothing giveaway. Drop off new and gently used teen clothing at Plato's Closet, 204 W. Front Ave.
We've Got You Covered Clothing Giveaway
August 10, 6-8 pm at Bismarck High, 800 N. 8th St.
The clothing giveaway is open to youth entering middle or high school that are in need of back to school clothing at no cost.
For more information about these events, contact Youthworks at 255-6909.