• In 1961 the original high school building, later known as the Junior High School, was torn down when a new junior high was built. The school, first called Hillside Junior High, was renamed Simle Junior High in 1962 for former Superintendent of Schools, T. E. Simle, who served from 1952-1963. The school was expanded in 1991, and underwent renovations in 2007.

    Awards

    Recognized by the National Association of School Principals as one of the 89 Highly Successful Middle Schools in the U.S.