Once Early Intervention receives a referral*, staff contact the parent to schedule an in-home evaluation. A parent must consent to an evaluation before it can begin.
Children ages birth to 3 may qualify for Early Intervention based on one of the following eligibility criteria:
- 50% delay in 1 area of development (cognition, communication, motor, self-help, or social/emotional skills)
- 25% delay in 2 or more areas of development
- Diagnosis or disability that impairs typical development
- Significant health condition that puts a child at high risk for delays in development
- Vision or hearing loss
- Developmental concerns based on professional judgement
*Anyone can make a referral/request an evaluation by calling 701-328-8985, 1-888-328-2662, or 701-323-4402.