Junior Group Guidance
All students will attend 40 minutes of Guidance each week. It is very beneficial as students will go over many things.
Each student will:
• Receive information regarding post-high school educational training options including college (technical, 2 year, 4 year, and beyond), military, apprenticeship, and on the job training.
• Develop skills to navigate the internet and RUReady to explore post-secondary options and review high school and/or experience requirements for entry level admissions.
• Understand how to search and apply for scholarship and navigation the financial aid process.
• Evaluate external factors related to the career/major decision making process.
• Review 4 year plan and revise as necessary.
• Discuss the ACT and WorkKeys assessments.
• Explore careers through interaction with local professionals. This may be done through interviews, job-shadowing, speakers, etc.
• Learn techniques for managing stress and conflict.
• Develop an awareness and recognition of warning signs to help prevent self-harm and suicide.