Sophomore Group Guidance
All students will attend 40 minutes of Guidance each week. It is very beneficial as students will go over many things.
Each student will:
• Evaluate internal factors related to the career decision making process.
• Complete an interest inventory.
• Review electronic portfolio on RUReadyND. Explore career interests and education needed.
• Compare graduation and college entrance requirements (GPA, class rank, credits, specific courses).
• Review current 4 year plan and revise as necessary considering career, college, and ND scholarship requirements.
• Create a resume, learn job seeking skills, conduct mock interviews, and learn how to secure an internship.
• Learn about and practice healthy decision making and problem-solving skills. Understand the consequences of choices.
• Develop an awareness and recognition of warning signs to help prevent self-harm and suicide.
• Examine the physical, emotional, and legal consequences of harassment and bullying