DUE TO COVID 19 the Central Office is currently closed but registrations are continuing online.
Thank you for choosing Bismarck Public Schools!
We are excited to have your children join us.
Please read through steps 1-3 before starting. The Online Registration process should take approximately 20-30 minutes per student. It is recommended to collect the following information prior to beginning the online registration process so you can easily upload them in the appropriate places. If you are unable to complete the registration all at one time, you can save your progress and return to finish. NOTE: Parents who do not register their K-12th grade students by August 1 may not be assured a spot in their neighborhood school due to lack of space. Your student will be placed based on availability and needs, they will be able to attend their boundary school the following year.
- Age requirement for Kindergarten entrance is age 5 by July 31st.
- Parent ID or Passport
- Proof of birth of Student(s) click here for acceptable documents
- Recent Immunization Records of Student(s)
- Primary Proof of Residence - click here for acceptable & non-acceptable documents
- Secondary Proof of Residence - click here for acceptable & non-acceptable documents
*Students in transition or temporary housing are not required to submit documentation in order to enroll in school as defined in the McKinney-Vento act.
Please remember that only the parent that initiates the online registration process can make changes. You will need an email address to access online registration. If you don't have an email, click here to create one.
1. find your school:
2. Click the applicable link below to start the online registration process:
(If possible, have your documents ready to upload before you submit your completed registration.)
(Don't worry if you can't finish it all at once, you can pick up where you left off. You must hit the "Save & Sign out" button located on the top right of the screen in the circular button with your initials on it. This is very important if you plan on using a public computer)
3. Lastly, once you have submitted your online registration and have uploaded all of the necessary documents, your submission will be verified and you WILL NOT need to create an appointment. If you can't upload your documents or have questions, you can email (Please add your student(s) on the subject line) fax 701-323-4111, or call 701-323-4110.
Our office will contact you by email or phone with more information of what happens next.
*If you are registering your student after the start of the school year, please be aware that after registration completion, there will be 2 full school days before an Elementary age student (K-5) will attend classes.
*For middle and high school students, it can take up to a week after you register your child for classes as we need to request records from the sending school as well as build a class schedule for your child, which takes time.
4. Here are some useful tools to print out or request a copy at your school.
Kindergarten specific information:
2020 Kindergarten school open house list *updated 7/7/20 - dates moved to Aug. 2020 due to COVID-19.
MyPaymentsPlus (for school meal accounts, activity fees, etc.)
Johnson O'Malley Eligibility Certification (for Native American students that don't have tribal ID to upload)
Before and/or After School Programs:
- BLAST (Centennial, Grimsrud, Liberty, Murphy, Northridge, Prairie Rose, Solheim, and Sunrise)
- CREA (MREC) (Lincoln, Miller, Moses, Myhre, Pioneer, and Will-Moore)
- YMCA (available to all schools in Bismarck but only provides transportation to and from the schools listed on their website.)
- After School Program (Roosevelt & Highland Acres)
For more parent information and resources, go to the Parents tab.