BPS school registrations are online.
Please call 701-323-4110 or visit
806 N. Washington Door #2
from 7:30am-4pm M-Th Fridays close at noon in the summer
Thank you for choosing Bismarck Public Schools!
We are excited to have your children join us.
IF YOU HAVE NOT LEFT THE DISTRICT TO ATTEND ANOTHER SCHOOL YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RE-REGISTER EVERY YEAR.
Please fill out an address change form to update your address or visit your powerschool account to request an update online.
Please read through steps 1-3 before starting. The Online Registration process should take approximately 20-30 minutes per student. It is recommended to collect the following information prior to beginning the online registration process so you can easily upload them in the appropriate places. Parents also have the option of bringing documents in person to the central office at 806 N. Washington door #2, faxed in to 701-323-4111 or emailed to email@example.com. If you are unable to complete the registration all at one time, you can save your progress and return to finish.
NOTE: Parents are strongly encouraged to register their K-5th grade students as soon as possible to help ensure placement in their neighborhood school. The sooner a student is registered, the higher the probability of them attending their boundary school. Due to capacity limitations, those who wait too long may be placed in a different school and required to wait until the following year to be enrolled in their boundary school.
- Age requirement for Kindergarten entrance is age 5 by July 31st.
- Parent ID or Passport
- Proof of birth of Student(s) click here for acceptable documents
- Recent Immunization Records of Student(s)
- Primary Proof of Residence - click here for acceptable & non-acceptable documents
- Secondary Proof of Residence - click here for acceptable & non-acceptable documents
*Students in transition or temporary housing are not required to submit documentation in order to enroll in school as defined in the McKinney-Vento act.
Please remember that only the parent that initiates the online registration process can make changes. You will need an email address to access online registration. If you don't have an email click here to create one.
1. find your school:
2. Click the applicable link below to start the online registration process:
(If possible, have your documents ready to upload before you submit your completed registration.)
To register for the fall click here 2021-2022 school year
(Don't worry if you can't finish it all at once, you can pick up where you left off. You must hit the "Save & Sign out" button located on the top right of the screen in the circular button with your initials on it. This is very important if you plan on using a public computer)
3. Lastly, once you have submitted your online registration and have uploaded all of the necessary documents, your submission will be verified and you WILL NOT need to create an appointment. If you can't upload your documents or have questions, you can email (Please add your student(s) on the subject line) fax 701-323-4111 or call 701-323-4110.
Our office will contact you by email or phone with more information of what happens next.
*If you are registering your student after the start of the school year, please be aware that after registration completion, there will be 2 full school days before an Elementary age student (K-5) will attend classes.
*For middle and high school students, it can take up to a week after you register your child for classes as we need to request records from the sending school as well as build a class schedule for your child.
4. Here are some useful tools to print out or request a copy at your school.
Kindergarten specific information:
Kindergarten school open house list *your child's school will contact you with details.
School supply lists *updated every summer
MyPaymentsPlus (for school meal accounts, activity fees, etc.)
Johnson O'Malley Eligibility Certification (for Native American students that don't have tribal ID to upload)
Before and/or After School Programs:
- BLAST (Centennial, Grimsrud, Liberty, Murphy, Northridge, Prairie Rose, Solheim, and Sunrise)
- CREA (MREC) (Lincoln, Miller, Moses, Myhre, Pioneer, and Will-Moore)
- YMCA (available to all schools in Bismarck but only provides transportation to and from the schools listed on their website.)
- After School Program (Roosevelt & Highland Acres)
For more parent information and resources, go to the Parents tab.