Employee password requirements
Passwords must contain:
- A minimum of 14 characters
- At least one uppercase letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number or special character
Choosing a password
Choose, use, and manage strong passwords. Keep your password secure and never share it.
An effective way to create a strong password is to choose four random words and string them together to create a passphrase. The randomness of the word choice and length of the passphrase make it strong. Add numbers or special characters and mix case for extra strength.
Never use personal information that could be easily guess or accessed, like your birthday, hobbies, or pet or family member names. It's easy for your to remember but also easy for a cyber criminal to guess.
Mathematically, the length of the password is exponentially more important than the complexity of the character-set used. A long passphrase is easy for you to remember and hard for computers to guess.
Download this information as a sharable/printable PDF: How to choose a password
Changing your password
Use one of the following methods to change your password:
- Use a Windows PC
- Log in to a BPS managed Windows PC on the BPS network
- Simultaneously hold down the CTRL + ALT + DELETE keys to display logon options. Click the Change Password button and complete the fields with your current password and new password
- Use WebMail
- Log in to webmail
- Click on the Settings gear cog icon and select Options
- Under General, click My Account
- Click the Change your password link and complete the fields with your current password and new password
- Use the Password Reset Portal (requires a cell phone number in your iVisions employee profile)
- Go to https://www.bismarckschools.org/passwordreset and enter your @bismarckschools.org email address
- Verify your cell phone number and enter the verification code you receive via text
- Enter your new password
- Call Bismarck Public Schools Human Relations at (701) 323-4070