Procedure for Lunch Account Refunds
Families of returning students will see positive meal balances rolled forward into their child’s/ren’s meal account(s) for the next school year.
Families who have no students returning the next school year (last sibling to graduate, family leaves BPS district) can receive a refund of the remaining balance in their students meal accounts up to 2 weeks after leaving our district.
The way to receive those refunds are:
- At checkout on the last day of school at your students school (secondary schools only) or
- Request a refund to be sent to the parent or guardian. These requests can either be emailed to Dar Wixcey or by calling 701-323-4090 (M-F 7:30-4).
- Parent can always choose to donate remaining funds to our Donation account for struggling families or a family/student account of their choice.
Requests for refunds outside the regular checkout forms must be received by BPS Child Nutrition within these time limits.
- By June 10 of the recently completed school year for graduated students.
- Within two weeks of checkout from the school or leaving the district.
- Refund checks can be requested at the school on the students last day of school or
- Requests can be submitted by email to Dar Wixcey or by calling 701-323-4090 (M-F 7:30-4).
- Refund checks are mailed out within 2 weeks of request.
Any money left in inactive accounts after the refund request time limit has expired, will be donated to help struggling families with negative balances.
For the complete School District Administrative Policy IB-BR Child Nutrition Account Balance, click here.