School Psychology Services
School psychologists provide direct support and interventions to students; consult with teachers, families, and other school-employed mental health professionals (i.e., school counselors, school social workers) to improve support strategies; work with school administrators to improve school-wide practices and policies; and collaborate with community providers to coordinate needed services.
School Psychologists help schools successfully:
- Improve Academic Achievement
- Promote Positive Behavior and Mental Health
- Support Diverse Learners
- Create Safe, Positive School Climates
- Strengthen Family–School Partnerships
- Improve School-Wide Assessment and Accountability
(National Association of School Psychologists, 2017)
For more information about school psychology services at Bismarck Public Schools, contact your local school or the Bismarck Special Education Department @ 701-323-4028.