• People experiencing homelessness are those who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. In order to qualify for the service provided through the Students in Transition Program, a student must meet at least one of the following:

    • Sharing housing (doubled up) due to loss of housing or economic hardship.
    • Living in motels, hotels, dilapidated trailers, or campgrounds due to lack of alternative adequate housing.
    • Living in emergency or transitional housing.
    • Abandoned in hospitals.
    • Having a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, regular sleeping accommodations.
    • Living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations.
    • Migratory students meeting the descriptions above

    Once qualified, all services are available throughout the entire school year, no matter how your living situation changes.

    If you, or someone you know, might be experiencing homelessness, please contact the Coordinator to start the process for accessing services.