Activity Fee Program
Senior High (9th-12th) $50.00/Sport Season
Middle School (7th-8th) $40.00/Sport Season
Middle School (6th) $20.00/Sport Season
Fee Limit Per Athlete
- Senior High(9th-12th) $125.00
- Middle School (6th-8th) $100.00
- Per Family $200.00
- Sports seasons are fall, winter and spring. Anyone participating in two or more sports in a single season will be assessed for just one season.
- If a middle school student participates in a senior high activity the maximum becomes $125.00
ADMINISTRATION OF ACTIVITY FEES
- Payments shall be made at the school in which the student is participating.
- Receipts will be provided upon payment of each activity. It will be the parents' responsibility to show proof of the individual limits of $20.00/middle school (6th), $40.00/middle school (7th-8th), $50.00/senior high, and $200.00/family limit.
- Students unable to pay the fee will not be denied the right to participate. Building principals will make decisions in this area.
- In all athletic activities where a student tries out for a team, they will not be expected to pay until final cut for the squad has been made. In all other sports, students will be expected to pay the fee prior to participation in the first game.
- Refunds will be made because of injury, illness, or moving out of the district according to the following schedule:
- Full refund if less than one half of the activity season is completed.
- No refund if more than one half of the activity season is completed.
- Students who voluntarily drop out of an activity will forfeit their fee.
- Student managers, statisticians and student trainers will not be expected to pay a fee.
- All athletes from grades 7-8 who participate on a senior high team, must pay the senior high fee.
EXPLANATION OF ACTIVITY FEES
Fees for major events will be $50.00 per unit for senior high students and $40.00 for middle school students (7th-8th) and $20.00 for middle school (6th) students. The maximum for any one family regardless of the number of children or the number of activities their children participate in during the school year is $200.00. The maximum for any one participant regardless of the number of events is $125.00 at the senior high and $100.00 at the middle school. However, if a middle school student participates in any senior high activity, that student shall pay the senior high fee, and the maximum becomes $125.00.
Baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, football, girls' drill teams, golf, gymnastics, hockey, jazz/swing bands & choirs (middle school), soccer, softball, strolling strings, swimming, tennis, track, volleyball, and wrestling.
FEES SET OUTSIDE OF THE ACTIVITY/EVENT STRUCTURE
Bismarck High School:
Choir uniform fee - $20.00
Band uniform fee - $50.00
Band insturment rental: $100.00
Century High School:
Choir robe fee - $15.00
Choir shoes fee - $20.00
Band uniform fee - $40.00
Legacy High School:
Choir robe fee - $15.00
Choir shoes fee - $15.00
Band uniform fee - $70.00
Band/orchestra instrument rental:
- If a student plays a school-owned instrument - $90.00/semester
- Should a student damage a school-owned instrument, it will be the responsibility of the student to repair the instrument to the condition that it was when the student received it.
FEES THAT DO NOT APPLY TO MAXIMUM
Club sports such as figure skating (still operates on club money) do not apply toward the maximum amounts.