Welcome New Employees
Welcome to Bismarck Public Schools!
It is our hope that the Bismarck Public Schools website is a complete guide for you to be introduced to our district and guides you through the on-boarding process. If you have any questions or need any further information, please contact us at (701) 323-4070.
Background Check and On-Boarding Information
Background checks will begin the process for hiring with Bismarck Public Schools for all new staff (with the exception of teachers who just received their license through ESPB). Teachers & Administrators will have the online background check completed if it has been over a year since they received their ND Teaching Certificate.
Human Resources will contact you to begin the background checks with BPS once we receive the hiring notification.
BPS uses 2 forms of background checks:
1. Online background check with BIB (Background Investigation Bureau) - an email will be sent to you with a link, and you will complete the information online.
2. Fingerprinting (2 options):
a. ID Metryx - 303 Airport Ed - Bismarck ND 58503
Hours are Monday - Thursday from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. (no appt needed) or call
and schedule an appointment for another time that works better for your
schedule. Their number is (701) 222-2147.
b. Tanya M. Long - (701) 471-1687 - please call for an appointment.
- A fingerprint card will be given to you and you will need to bring the card to the HR office at 806 N Washington Street to complete one more form.
- Please bring your I9 documents (2 forms are needed) (Acceptable Documents for I9 form) and a voided check when you bring the fingerprint card.
- A picture will be taken for your BPS Badge and key card for all certified, professional support and support staff employees.
- Once the background check(s) have come back, HR will be in contact with you.
- Human Resources will contact you to gather information (personal information, licensing/transcript information, etc.) to set you up in our computer system.
- After your information has been compiled and entered - an email will be sent to you to set up your BPS email account/iVisions account. (iVisions is the software we use to view paystubs, accept teaching contracts/professional support agreements, coaching agreements, attendance information, etc.)
- Once these accounts have been set up, you will communicate with HR and will then receive the on-boarding paperwork through Talent Ed Records.
- Some documents will need to be printed, completed and uploaded back in to the system (if you do not have that capability, please contact the HR office to set up an appointment to complete the forms).
- I9 documents (2 forms are needed) must be brought to the HR Office so we can make copies for our records. Acceptable documents for I9 form.
- A voided check (direct deposit) can be uploaded to the Talent Ed Record site; if you do not have that capability, please stop at the HR offices and we can upload the document for you.
Human Resources will continue to work with you to complete all paperwork and information on contracts, licensing, and any other information needed for the on-boarding process with Bismarck Public Schools.
For more information on new employment with the District, please contact HR at (701) 323-4070.
New Teacher Orientation
New Teacher Orientation
2019-2020 School Year
August 5 - August 8