In 1950 Will-Moore School was erected on 4th Street and Avenue E. The school board created the name Will-Moore to honor these people:William Moore, namesake of the William Moore School which resided at this location and was formerly the North Ward School where Moore was principal from 1894 to 1908
Oscar H. Will, former school board member and namesake of the old Will School located at 5th Street and Rosser Ave., which had been demolished.
George F. Will, a former school board member for 39 years.
The basement of Will-Moore was remodeled in 1971 and again in 1993-94. The school was reroofed in 1983 and remodeled in 1985. Recent remodeling in 2005 and 2006 added ground source heat pumps, air conditioning and flooring.
Old Logo New Logo