CHS Student Schedules
CHS Student Schedules will be emailed out to parents on Monday, July 24.
Schedule change dates:
Seniors - Monday, August 7, 2017 - 8:00-11:30am and 1:00-3:00pm
Juniors - Tuesday, August 8, 2017 - 8:00-11:30am and 1:00-3:00pm
Sophomores - Wednesday, August 9, 2017 - 8:00-11:30am and 1:00-3:00pm
My Payments Plus
MyPayments Plus will be made available to accept payments beginning on August 7th for the new school year.
CHS 2017-18 Events at a Glance
August 14 Freshmen Orientation August 24 First Day of School August 28 Century Open House 6-8 pm August 29 School Picture Day September 11-15 Homecoming Week Oct. 30 & Nov. 2 Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7:45 pm March 26 & 27 Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7:45 pm April 14 Prom May 24 Last Day of School May 27 CHS Graduation 4 pm Bismarck Event Center
Freshmen Orientation will be held on Monday, August 14, 2017, at 7:00pm, in the Olson Gym.
CHS Parent Open House
Century Parent Open House will be on Monday, August 28, from 6:00-8:00pm. You will be able to follow your students class schedule and listen to their teachers give information about the classes they are taking.
Tips for Using Website
1. We are excited to launch our new website under the same address: www.bismarckschools.org. Check out the district home page by hovering over or clicking each link or icon to see what’s there before school starts on Aug. 24. You will find your school and others under the bright red “Our Schools” tab on the top left. *NOTE: elementary and middle school calendars are not functioning yet. Secretaries will be trained in early August. Until then, you can find important school dates under Announcements.
2. Registration can be found to the left of School Board & Policies. This would be for incoming kindergarteners, new students to the district, boundary maps, and other materials.
3. BPS is now using rSchools calendars so everything is all in one place for parents. If you are a middle or high school parent, you may be familiar with these searchable calendars from our Activities pages. Now all calendars, including non-athletic events, for example, will be on an rSchool calendar, which will let you filter by your child(ren’s) activities, etc. We will post a tutorial video so you can learn how to use this handy feature! Elementary rSchool calendars will be ready closer to the start of school in late August.
4. Parents and students can now email teachers and key school staff using the Staff Directory on the top right of the district or school home pages. You do NOT need to fill in ALL of the information fields! You can sort by building, job role, title, or first or last name to find the person you need. During the 2017-18 school year, we will be adding those emails to school pages under Academics on the left. You can also see whether a teacher has a classroom Facebook page, for example.
5. Our new website has several icons that appear on the district page and the school pages. They are also easy to find on your cell phone. If you go to the Bus icon on the top right (on our home page, any school page or on your cell phone or tablet) you can see requested information, such as “Bus Delays or Changes” and “Bus Registration” info. Lunch Menus are also located near the Bus icon for easy access! There’s also a Jobs icon if you are looking for Employment Opportunities in Bismarck Public Schools.
6. Our new website has sections called Quick Links because of input we received from parents, staff, students and community members. Check out what’s posted there, such as the Elementary Facility Committee proposals & documents. If you have other ideas, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You may not see PTO/PAC info or school newsletters posted on your school website until after school begins, but they will be there eventually!
8. If you bookmarked or had a shortcut to our website, you will need to delete or re-do those to www.bismarckschools.org.
9. The Sign In feature on the top right is only for designated staff managing our web pages.
10. If you have questions or comments about our new website, use the New Webpage Feedback Form under District Announcements. You may want to save this email until you become more familiar with our new website.
New Website Feedback Form!
We welcome any feedback on our new website. If you have any suggestions, please complete our Feedback Form.
Summer Food Program ends July 28Free lunches will be served this summer for ALL kids ages 18 and under at 5 locations regardless of which school they attend. A hot or cold meal will be served Monday through Friday, June 5-July 28, but not on July 3 and 4. Here are the times & locations of the BPS Summer Feeding Program:Wachter Middle School
Off 7th St. and Expressway Ave. at 1107 S. 7th St.
Sons of Norway Park
East of Jeannette Myhre School on Expressway Ave.
Moses School Playground
11:45 am-1 pm
Off 3rd St. east of the Wave Pool at 1312 Columbia Dr.
Will-Moore School Playground
11:45 am-1 pm
Off 4th St. and Ave. E.
11:45 am-1 pm
Park is at Boulevard Ave. & 16th St. Lunch served at the shelter next to the playground SW of Hillside Pool.
July 5 - Aug. 10 Clothing Drive/Giveaway
Clothes for Bros. (and girls too) Clothing Drive
July 5 - Aug. 8
Clean out your closet this summer! Youthworks is collecting teen girls and boys clothing for their annual clothing giveaway. Drop off new and gently used teen clothing at Plato's Closet, 204 W. Front Ave.
We've Got You Covered Clothing Giveaway
August 10, 6-8 pm at Bismarck High, 800 N. 8th St.
The clothing giveaway is open to youth entering middle or high school that are in need of back to school clothing at no cost.
For more information about these events, contact Youthworks at 255-6909.
Aug. 22 Fill the BusFill the Bus will be 6 am to 6 pm Tues., Aug. 22 at the Bismarck Red Carpet Car Wash locations by Century High and on Washington and Expressway to collect new school supplies for children in need in the Bismarck-Mandan area. To donate online to Fill the Bus, go to www.bpsfoundation.com. Click Donate, Donate Now, then choose Fill the Bus! Supplies will be distributed to counselors the next day so students can have them in time for the 1st day of in Bismarck and Mandan Public Schools, which is Thursday, Aug. 24. If you need supplies, call your child’s school secretary or counselor!