General Middle School Philosophy
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
1. Educators value young adolescents and are prepared to teach them.
2. Students and teachers are engaged in active, purposeful learning.
3. Curriculum is challenging, exploratory, integrative, and relevant.
4. Educators use multiple learning and teaching approaches.
5. Varied and ongoing assessments advance learning as well as measure it.
Leadership and Organization
6. A shared vision developed by all stakeholders guides every decision.
7. Leaders are committed to and knowledgeable about this age group, educational research, and best practices.
8. Leaders demonstrate courage and collaboration.
9. Ongoing professional development reflects best educational practices.
10. Organizational structures foster purposeful learning and meaningful relationships.
Culture and Community
11. The school environment is inviting, safe, inclusive, and supportive of all.
12. Every student's academic and personal development is guided by an adult advocate.
13. Comprehensive guidance and support services meet the needs of young adolescents.
14. Health and wellness are supported in curricula, school-wide programs, and related policies.
15. The school actively involves families in the education of their children.
16. The school includes community and business partners.