Bismarck Public Schools partners with Sonic Boom to provide exciting, comprehensive wellness services for employees. These services include:
• Daily motivation. Sonic Boom provides daily, on-line challenges that focus on weight management, physical activity, nutrition, and stress reduction to assist employees in adopting healthier lifestyles.
• Competition. All programs allow employees to compete individually or as teams. Nothing gets people revved like a little friendly competition.
• Peer-to-peer awards. When one employee sees another doing something healthy, they can award a Caught Ya Bein' Healthy ticket. Earning these tickets leads to opportunities to win valuable prizes, which is motivation enough. But even better is the camaraderie it builds to have co-workers rewarding one another for healthy behaviors.
• Valuable incentives. Research shows that while cash is the most-asked-for incentive, it's the least appreciated. The Sonic Boom program provides cool prizes that people will value and treasure -- and they'll remember that they earned those prizes because they made healthy improvements in their lifestyle. Plus, with built-in incentives, employees get to choose their own prizes from a catalog of over 3,000 hard-to-find items that they really want.
• Fun, engaging programs. Sonic boom is anything but boring. Their programs have stepped more-than-a-little outside the box, with an energized approach to getting people involved.
• Exceptional education. People are excited by learning new things -- especially when what they're learning could have profound positive effects on their health. Basic educational material on nutrition, weight-loss, physical activity, and stress reduction is fine -- and it's included as a foundation in all programs. But Sonic Boom quickly takes employees to the next level, offering enlightening, state-of-the-art science in an easy-to-understand format.
Participation in Sonic Boom is free for all BPS employees. If you are interested in joining, please contact Lisa Kudelka or Dar Wixcey.