Demon Softball players may choose their own style or brand of softball gear.
- Length of glove 12-13.5 inches
Pitchers - 12 1/4
Infield - 11/3/4 - 12
Outfield - 12 - 12.5
- Preferrably leather
- Catchers/first baseman glove be sure it is for Fastpitch
- Color preferance is of the player.
"Gloves containing (excluding lace color & logo) more than two colors are illegal." - NFHS rule book
Batting gloves size should be tight on hand. Adult small - medium or youth depending on size of hands.
- For safety reasons a Softball cleet is encouraged. A tennis shoe may cause a runner to slip on the field
- Softball cleets may be plastic, rubber, or steel. For beginners we encourage a plastic or rubber cleet.
- Color preferrance is players but recommended to be black, grey, white, or a school color
- Individual bats are NOT required
- Team bats will range from length 31-34 inches and weight from 21- 24 ounces.
- SportoutletUSA displays a size chart that may be useful in choosing a bat
- Before using or buying a bat please see bat verification.
An excerpt from the NDHSAA softball regulations state "All bats shall meet the 2004 ASA Bat Performance Standard, bear either the 2000 or 2004 ASA certification mark, and not be on the ASA non-approved list as found on www.asasoftball.com."