Thanks for your interest in auditioning for Wind Ensemble & Concert Band!
- The auditions will occur during a specified time period in January, no exceptions!Sign-up for an appointment before school, after school or during the school day. Sign-up for a time that works best for you! Each audition will take approximately 5 minutes (not including warm-up time prior to the audition).
- Woodwind & Brass auditions will consist of:
- 2 scales, as printed on the sheet given to you (articulation as indicated on the music). YourPerformance Goals: your best tone, consistent centered pitch, steady tempo, ability to play in all ranges, accuracy and speed.
- Prepared Etudes, available in the Band Office, two weeks prior to the audition week. One etude is a short LYRICAL etude and the other a short TECHNICAL etude, both of which we provide. Tempos are clearly marked on the music, use a metronome and follow these tempo markings! Practice!!!
Your Performance Goals: your best tone, consistent centered pitch, musicality, dynamics, phrasing, steady tempo, accuracy, correct articulations.
- Sight Reading
- Percussion auditions will consist of:
- 2 major scales, Prepare to play all of the major scales two octaves. YourPerformance Goals: accuracy, evenness of hands, steady tempo and speed.
- Prepared Etudes: Snare Drum and Marimba
Your Performance Goals: accuracy, dynamics, steady tempo, correct stickings and evenness of hands
- Sight Reading, (on snare drum)
Good luck to you!